Sunday, July 10, 2016

Miccostumes' Noiz cosplay costume and wig review

Second cosplay review on this blog and I gotta say, I couldn't wait to post this review! 
I don't usually wear pre made costumes, but this one was a costume I really couldn't figure out how to make on my own and I couldn't find the fabrics in right colors, so I just ordered this one from Miccostumes!

Miccostumes is an online store that sells affordable cosplay costumes, wigs, props and acessories, sometimes with free shipping. The store updates their stock and variety of items weekly, so you can expect it to have the latest series' costumes in stock! In case you cannot find the costume you're looking for, they accept comissions! 

Before I review the costume, I want you to know that I have previously looked at other stores and reviews to compare the quality and the price, so I can tell you if this is worth the purchase or not. 

Miccostumes uses their own product photos on their websites and they constantly share more photos on their social media pages, so you can be sure that what you're buying is the product on the photo and not something else. 

As I was choosing the costume, I was in contact with the store who helped me with my purchase and was very kind and patient, replying to my questions all the time! You have no idea how happy that made me. I love when stores are helpful and so kind to me. I'd definitely recommend you this store for the customer service only!

But customer service isn't enough to satisfy a customer, hence why I'm doing a review on this cosplay and tell you how satisfied I am with it.

The costume I ordered is this one. 


Which is meant to include the following items:

I don't think I have received the leg warmers, however I intended to use tights under this cosplay, so that's alright. I'm sure if I contacted the store about the leg warmers, they'd ship them right away!
Asides from the missing leg warmers, I have received all of the other items and they came in a pretty big package!
I was afraid the paper boxes would be smashed, but it seems the post services were gentle with this package. 


I apologize for the cropped feet, but I do not have the shoes yet, so you're getting a review with my feet cropped out. 


The costume I ordered is a female L. I'm usually an S or an M, but I had to order a bigger size because of my height. 
I was worried the costume would be too big on me and that it would need some resizing before wearing, but it actually is a perfect fit! Even the pants fit me perfectly!


I feel like the color is quite more vibrant than you'd see on Noiz, but the good thing is that they tried to make all the greens match well, so you'd not be wearing fifty shades of green. 
The only item that has the color a bit too off, is the hat. It's black instead of blue, tho you can see that in the product's photo, so I'm not complaining. I'm satisfied with what I got regardless!


The fabric used for this costume is polyester. The shirt is fully lined while the pants aren't. You get an under shirt that is also polyester. 
The hat is made out of wool and is lined with soft and warm white fabric.


Costume quality is very nice and it has functional pockets!
It's clear that someone with good sewing skills made this costume.
Despite not being a big fan of polyester, I feel like the fabric worked very well and that for the price you cannot expect it to be made out of cotton or some better fabric.
Please note that almost all costumes bought online are made entirely out of polyester fabric.



Here are more photos of the costume, but this time from the back.
The costume comes with a belt that is made out of pleather. It fits me, but it's really on point. I hope the belt for bigger sizes is bigger as well.
The boxes are made out of cardboard/paper and they came in with hooks and beads. I got extra hooks and beads for them. The boxes came with no instructions on how to fold them, so it was a little tricky figuring it out, but once we did, they were built real quick.
I think the boxes are a little too sensitive to carry in a bag, so make sure you carry  them in a box or something, so they don't get smashed.


The costume came in with the pins and they look great! 



The prints are real nice and not pixelized.


They look real cute! 


The costume also came in with these amazing bracelets! I really love them! They are made out of pleather and attach with snap on buttons.


Also, I got their Noiz wig! 
I think that the wig needs some styling, but since it's covered with the hat, it's okay!
The color is a little bit too yellow, so I'm not sure if you're picky about it or not, but it works well for me! 
The wig is heat resistant and it doesn't have too much hair, since it's meant to be covered by the hat.


Overall:
I'm very satisfied with this cosplay and I think it does the price justice. For same price or more you can get this costume off another stores, who don't use their own photos, so you cannot expect the costume to look on the photos. Miccostumes makes sure to photograph their product and sell it for affordable price! 

I rate this costume 20/10.

Thanks for reading!